Thank you for taking the time to read this short introduction. My name is Denise and I am a Person-Centered Counsellor. My aim as a Counsellor is to continually hold the hope when things can seem bleak.
A little about me:
My training began working within a local ‘Rape Crisis’ and sexual abuse charity initially as a volunteer, but now I am a paid Counsellor there. I have had experience working with a variety of clients from the age of 11 years of age upwards. My passion is for working with trauma and personality disorders. I enjoy undertaking training to ensure that my skillset remains fresh and that I can offer the best experience possible.
How I work:
The Person-Centered approach differs from other counselling modalities as some can be heavily ‘solution-focused’ and directive. Being Person-Centred means that I believe that each person is the specialist on themselves and nobody knows you as well as you do. I aim to provide a safe, non-judgemental, empathic space so we can explore your concerns in a collaborative and supportive way building a strong therapeutic relationship based on trust.
Whilst counselling is traditionally a talking therapy I am also able to work in a creative way to explore any concerns that aren’t always easy to express with speech. I am able to draw on other modalities and therapeutic approaches if required such as Transactional Analysis, The Rewind Technique and Mindfulness to ensure that the therapeutic process meets your needs
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Disorders – Practitioners Course – Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Working Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy – Practitioners Certificate
- OCN Level 3 Certificate – Supporting Survivors of Rape and Sexual Violence
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills